We all know how important salt is to everyone’s kitchen as it adds taste to a meal. Aside from improving a specific meal’s taste, it also has several health benefits if used properly. Some of the health benefits it brings are listed below:
- Helps in water retention.
- Stimulates muscle contraction.
- Stimulates adrenalin gland.
- Prevents muscle cramps.
- Keeps calcium and other minerals in the bloodstream.
- Helps during the digestion and absorption of nutrients.
Here’s how you may be able to do one at your own kitchen:
- Thoroughly chop your 1 oz. herbs. Common herbs that are being incorporated on salts are oregano, thyme, parsley and dill. You can still add more depending on your preferences.
- Pre-heat your oven for about 140 degrees F. It should be at the lowest possible temperature to ensure your herbs do not burn.
- Spread out your herbs on a tray thinly and slowly cook it for about 2 hours.
- Get ½ cup coarse salt and place it inside a blender with your 1 oz cooked herb. Thoroughly blend it until the herbs mix well on the salt.
- Optional: Add black peppercorn for additional taste.